Clinical Laboratory Scientist – Part Time
We are seeking a part-time, CA-Licensed Clinical Scientist with molecular testing skills for work in our clinical laboratory at the San Diego Science Center (3030 Bunker Hill).
Molecular Biology Clinical License preferred; Generalist Clinical License also accepted.
Shift Timing: Flexible, but must be able to work at least 12 – 18 hours a week
- Sample receiving and accession
- Ability to follow SOPs independently
- Follow laboratory quality control and quality assurance policies
- Perform routine and complex laboratory analyses.
- Ensure instruments and equipment in the lab are functioning properly and maintained by performing or arranging scheduled maintenance in a timely manner
- Evaluate and Interpret laboratory results
- Perform quality testing on new reagents prior to use
- Comply with safety policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Current California clinical laboratory scientist license (CLS generalist or CGMBS specialist)
- Knowledge of safety procedures relating to operation of laboratory equipment and handling of chemicals
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong verbal/written communication and listening skills
- Knowledge of clinical regulations and previous experience with accreditation inspections
- Previous experience in molecular diagnostics including DNA isolation and PCR
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.